Umar khayyam-The Rubaiyat

If you have a perceptive mind
And look closely you will find
The whole history of humankind
Jacob’s bloody shirt, even blind.

Anxiously I opened my eye
Understanding, try, try, try
Reluctantly agreed to die
Come, stay and leave, I only ask why?

Death is fair, death is just
Longevity, though we lust.
Live joyfully, moment trust
Else life will have a high cost.

I only follow the path of my heart
In desolate desert I make my start
I follow my heart, I do my part
The path of my heart is what you chart.

Tyranny of fate has made me a slave
Whatever I choose, how I behave
Is only freedom within my cave;
Even if for Paradise I crave
This moment to me is all you gave.

We strive in life so in the end
Paradise attain, to heavens ascend.
It is better our ways amend
This moment now, joyously spend.

All worldly things
Come with strings
Joy beauty brings
Of freedom sings.

Alchemical power of joy
Our spirits upward buoy
Insane is the evil ploy
That happiness will destroy.

With love and joy yourself surround
Upon this earth roam free, unbound
And when you’re six feet under the ground
Your legacy of joy and love abound.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imam al-Ghazali: The Original Philosopher

ILM al-KALAM : THE JABARITIES AND QADIRITIES

SHAH WALIULLAH AL-DEHLAWI : THOUGHTS AND CONTRIBUTIONS