Iqbal about Tipu Sultan



I have lighted a different fire in the heart,
I have brought a tale from the Deccan.
I have a shining sword on my side;
I am drawing it out gradually from the scabbard
I speak a subtle point about the martyr tipu sultan;
I fear the festival day might turn bitter.
I proceeded to kiss his dust,
There i heard from his holy grave;
If one cannot live a manly life in this world
Then to sacrifice life,like a man,is life
( After visiting the tomb of Tipu Sultan)
sayings of Tipu Sultan:
"Better a lion's life for two days than a jackal's life for two hundred years"

'There can be no glory or achievements if the foundation of our places, roads and dams are mingled with the tears and blood of humanity'....."

"ya Allah, it is better to die beneath the clouds of battle raining blood upon heads than to live a life of shame and degradation"
(source: Aurangzeb and Tipu Sultan Evaluation of their Religious Policies-Dr.BG.N.Pandey)

Comments

This is SK Mohammed Mansoor akmal....

I like tipusultan because he as Great patriot he kept mortgage his kids... and he is The first freedom fighter of our india.....
He fought alone with british.. Nobody help him if someone help him on that time no one have guts to rule our india... he eat 62 bullets on his neck from britishers.... he alone fight with 2000 soldiers of british army in his fort .britishers lock from outside to kill him. he fight up to death wish....
for whom he fought... for indian know one know that...
TODAY EVERYONE IGNORE HIM. NO ONE RECOGNIZE HIS EFFORT AND COURAGE
I love you tippusultan... i like you very much. In my routine life reading are watching about tippu i cant control my tears

Thanks and regards
Sk Mohammed mansoor akmal
sallunaveed@gmail.com
sallunaveed@yahoo.com
9945427687

Popular posts from this blog

Imam al-Ghazali: The Original Philosopher

ILM al-KALAM : THE JABARITIES AND QADIRITIES

SHAH WALIULLAH AL-DEHLAWI : THOUGHTS AND CONTRIBUTIONS